The best mountain bike for under $100 has always been a subject that has inspired attention among mountain bike enthusiasts for a long time. If there is one thing the biking community spends a lot of time talking about, it is the best bikes to buy for under 100 dollars. When it comes to mountain bikes, there are lots of expensive ones that are generally out of our league. This won’t stop us, however, from talking about them.
Since we cannot all afford a Ferrari or a Porsche, we will not miss out on cheap and affordable cars that offer us a great level of comfort and satisfaction.
It is pretty much the same rule with mountain bikes. There are Ferrari’s and Lamborghinis (like Trek Butterfly Madone) that cost a fortune to purchase and there are those that are a little in our league. The prices differ but the yardstick is working with best mens bikes under $100.
Reviews of Best Mountain Bike For Under $100
Biking is a lot more than a hobby; it’s a community. And it just got better with these best cheap mountain bikes for under 100 dollars. Bike on!
Getting a mountain bike for 100 dollars can be a real struggle for bikers because there are so many options out there. It’s a vast market and sometimes the variety can be confusing. We understand how difficult that must be and it is precisely why this article exists.
You do not need to break the bank to get yourself a reliable and durable mountain bike that will offer you an incredible value, and you can get one for under $100 or less. But there are a few things you need to know, and we will talk about them below:
Kent KZ2600 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
What makes the Kent 26” stand out is its full suspension system that uses a floating beam design (in this system, the bottom bracket is mounted on a different chain (link) that moves separately from the two main halves of the mountain halve and connected to a suspension fork.
It is not connected to the front or rear triangle of the bike like in the case of other suspension systems.
- 26-inch full suspension aluminum MTB frame
- Suspension fork 65mm travel
- Shimano 21 Speed Shifters with Rear Tourney Derailleur
The main features of the Kent 26” includes:
- Alloy wheel rims
- 26″ double-wall alloy rims that carry 36 spokes that give it great strength and durability.
- 26” aluminum full suspension frame
- Shimano 21 Speed Shifters and a Rear Tourney Derailleur
Great value, trail rideable with some work-in (?) A full-suspension, aluminum frame MTB for under 200 dollars looked like a great deal to me, and after assembling the bike I still think so. I was able to assemble the whole thing in under an hour using only a metric Allen key set, Philips driver, adjustable C wrench and a box knife.
The Kent 26″ KZ2600 is a really good bike and its full suspension frame gives you a lot more value for the price it goes out for.
Roadmaster Granite Peak Men’s Mountain Bike
Roadmaster is a top contender in every mountain bike category because it is an incredibly efficient brand and the granite peak, for its price, is a no-brainer. This is the deal right here – look no further.
- Steel mountain frame
- Front suspension forks
- 18-speed twist shifters that make shifting smooth and easy
- Durable alloy wheels
- Women-friendly design
Super easy to assemble as it is put together in the box. I was a little nervous at first, the box was broken up in a few spots but bike survived delivery. For my 15-year-old son, he loves it. Sturdy bike all is great with this purchase
The Roadmaster is great all-round but women have waxed lyrical about how suitable and comfortable it is a lot more. It is not hard to see why. Have fun on your next ride.
Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike
One unique thing about this beauty is that incomes in a variety of colors so bikers who are passionate about skin can have a lot of options on this one. The Huffy comes in Denim blue, Metallic cyan, charcoal, blue, purple, and red colors. It is also a great mountain bike brand with a lot of heritage. So we think the only thing you will feel if you hop on this beauty is pride.
- SHIMANO TZ-31 rear derailleur integrated with micro-shift twist shifter. It is suitable for hard terrains.
- 26″ X 1. 95″ Knobby tires
- ATB with stitched sides for durability and comfort
- Women-friendly design and colors
Great bike, took about 20 mins to assemble. Very easy and comes with all the tools needed
Huffy looks beautiful and somehow unsuited for hard cycling but do not let that deceive you because it is an efficient mountain bike.
Stowabike Folding Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
Look there are mountain bikes, and then there are MOUNTAIN BIKES. The Stowabike stands out with a unique folding frame that makes it very portable. Imagine a mountain bike that fits perfectly into your mini cooper and can follow you almost anywhere so you are always ready to ride. Sounds like a fantastic deal, and for that price? Take all my money.
- Frame: 26" steel Stowabike folding frame
- Fork: 26" suspension steel fork
- 18-Speed Mountain Bike
- 26″ unique steel folding frame
- 26″ suspension steel fork with spring shock
- Dimensions: 67.3 x 23.2 x 55.1in and when folded: 38.2 x 12.6 x 29.5in
- Dual suspension, 18 speed with Shimano Derailleur
I put my order in and got the bike right away. I wanted two of them, one for me and one for my wife, but ordered just one first to see what I thought. It took me about 45 minutes to unpack ( I was well-packed), assemble (was pretty easy) and make a few adjustments to the front brakes. I was very pleased with the quality of the bike and was very pleased with how everything worked. The foldup feature worked exactly as expected and is reasonably easy to do. The only negative I noticed, and this was mentioned in some of the reviews, is that the seat, even at its lowest setting, is a little high.
This bike gives a lot in stability and maneuverability and if you like to travel a lot, it’s folding frame makes it easy for you to travel anywhere with your bike.
Dynacraft Speed Alpine Eagle Women’s Bike
Women will use any kind of Mountain bike comfortably without any kind of problem. Guaranteed. But the Alpine Eagle was built specifically for women through its frame design, geometry, and colors. Say hello to a comfortable and padded bike saddle (finally) to increase comfort.
- Womens 26" steel hardtail road/mountain bike
- 21 speed index derailleur with Shimano grip shifters
- Front and rear V-Brakes with resin levers
- Padded Mountain Bike Saddle with adjustable connector for comfort.
- Steel Hardtail Mountain Bike Frame with unique and women-friendly colors
- Rear and Front V-Brakes along with resin levers
- Front shock fork, kickstand, and alloy rims
I couldn’t believe $100 bicycle of such great quality!! I’m 70 and haven’t ridden a bike over 40 years wanted to get back riding casually and occasionally not make a major investment. couldn’t believe how bikes have improved light but sturdy front shock absorber fork hybrid as nice as anything I looked at really expensive bike stores easy to ride and brakes very safely
It’s not every day we get to see women-specific mountain bikes so when we do see one with top-level components and a great price like this one, we have to always recommend.
Roadmaster Granite Peak Girl’s Mountain Bike
Roadmaster is a top mountain bike brand in the world so, of course, they would give us a bike that is tailor-made for a woman’s physique. With this bike, they didn’t disappoint too.
- 18-speed twist shifters for effortless shifting on the road
- Front and rear linear-pull brakes for swift and crisp stopping
- Steel mountain frame along with a front suspension fork makes it firm and stable on the trails
I bought this bike for my granddaughter from Amazon because it was the only way to get it delivered and partway put together. Someone was able to finish putting it together and she is very happy with it. It was delivered when the date said it would be and we are very happy with it
For under $100, don’t expect anything that will make your jaw drop but it is a solid bike and Roadmaster did a good job on this one.
26″ Women’s Kent KZR Mountain Bike
This is one the best and cheapest women Mountain bikes you can lay your hands on. It is from a renowned Mountain bike brand and duly offers you a lot of value for $100. Its front cable-actuated disc brakes and also rears linear-pull handbrake gives it a fantastic stopping power. The padded saddles are very comfortable for long rides, unlike numerous other mountain bikes. With this baby, we can go on and on.
- Front disc and rear linear-pull hand brakes
- High-quality aluminum wheels
- 21-speed drivetrain and a Shimano rear derailleur
- aluminum hardtail frame with a Vitesse
- suspension fork
I ordered this bike for my 4’10” daughter, and it was a tiny bit too big. She could ride it, but it was too tall. I would say this is for people between about 5’2″ and 5’7″. I am 5’7″ and it was comfortable, but I probably would have preferred a larger frame. The construction was very sturdy and beautiful, easy to put together, no cheap parts and was much more durable than a lot of other box store brands.
If there’s a mountain bike brand you can always trust, it’s KENT. The KZR mountain bike offers great performance for a bike of its price and it is a fantastic choice for women
Mongoose Ledge 2.1 Men’s Bike
When the time comes to pick our favorite Mountain bike on this list, the Mongoose will be number 1. From the looks alone, it already stands out like a machine with unreal quality for its price. With the Mongoose, you can take out your mountain bike among other expensive models and still feel confident.
- 21-speed twist shifters with Shimano rear derailleur
- Aluminum full-suspension mountain frame with front suspension fork
- Mongoose men's bike features front and rear linear pull brakes
- 21-speed twist shifter integrated with a Shimano rear derailleur
- full-suspension mountain frame (aluminum) with a front suspension fork
- front and rear linear-pull brakes
- Alloy wheels and 3-piece crank
- Dimensions are 68″L x 25″W x 41″H
All you need to assemble is the front wheel, the handlebars, and the pedals, everything else is already put together. I would only recommend checking the breaks for proper alignment and rubbing. And making sure all Allen screws, Nuts, and regular screws are tight. Bike tires also need more air. it is pre-pumped, but not fully inflated, there is a need for more air in the tires. Other than that, everything is perfect.
The Mongoose comes in different sizes according to your frame so if you’re unsure which one to go for, you can always check the reviews to see what people have been saying. One thing is for sure though – when the Mongoose hits the road, nobody will believe it is a $100 bike if you do not tell them.
Huffy Women’s Trail Runner Mountain Bike
This is the second Huffy on our list and this one, with its geometry, is built especially for women. It has the best reviews on Amazon with a lot of 5-stars for its performance.
- FEATURE: Dual suspension frame and suspension fork combine with Shimano derailleur for great...
- Frame and Fork: Dual Suspension steel frame in Black and Hot Pink suspension fork for a...
- Seat ATB saddle with contrasting stitching Brakes: Alloy linear pull brakes and 3-piece crank...
- Its 18-speed index shifters coupled with the Shimano rear derailleur for seamless performance
- 26 x 1.95” tires with contour design can withstand tough terrains guaranteed
- Alloy linear-pull brakes and a 3-piece crank
- Dual Suspension steel frame with a suspension fork
Bought for my 13-year-old daughter and she loved it! Exactly as described but a little bit of a pain to put together.
This Huffy is packed with high-quality components and will handle most of your adventures. Top-quality, a well-known brand/manufacturer, and cheap price – this is one top bargain for a mountain bike.
Guide to Buying a Best Mountain Bike under $100
Except in rare cases like in Transformers, where the machine picks the driver, if you want to get a good bike that is efficient and cheap, you will need to know what you are looking for.
We’re just gonna go out and say it, that Amazon remains the best and most reliable place to get cheap mountain bike under $100. Sure, other platforms exist but on Amazon:
1) you know what you are getting. 2) you can read the review of previous buyers to see if a bike is worth the investment. 3) Amazon has good return policies on most of their products. And finally, 4)There are reliable and popular brands on Amazon that sell Mountain bikes for affordable prices and under $100 that you can trust.
So you get good value and also the satisfaction of having a decent brand name on your bike.
Let’s talk about a few things that generally affect people’s choice of Mountain bikes.
- No Suspension: Mountain bikes without suspension are referred to as rigid bikes. The lack of suspension makes them very lightweight and easy to navigate. They are very suitable for riders who will not be flying across tricky and hard terrains. Furthermore, rigid bikes have low maintenance, and this is because they have no suspension system in place. They are generally cheaper than hardtail and full-suspension bikes. If you are going to be navigating potentially easier trails, the rigid bike is one you should consider.
- Full Suspension/Dual-suspension bikes: These types have full suspension systems attached to the front and rear tires of the bike. They can navigate pretty much every type of terrain armed with a working suspension system to absorb the impact and’ shock’ on trails. There are so many types of full-suspension systems according to the brand of the bike.
- Hardtail Bikes: As the name suggests, these types of bikes have suspension only on the front wheels and none at the back. They are lighter in weight than the full-suspension bikes and are perfectly suitable for great maneuverability and lightweight coupled together.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the best cheap mountain bikes?
If you’re searching for a budget-friendly mountain bike, then this review will have what you’re looking for. All of the above-mentioned mountain bikes all excel in different ways, depending on what criteria you’re searching for.
For instance, if you’re searching for a mountain bike that you can take on long rides and still be comfortable, the 26″ women’s Kent KZR bike is perfect. However, if you’re longing for a girly bike that fits every aesthetic and performs excellently, then you should try the Dynacraft Speed Alpine Eagle Women’s Bike.
Essentially, the best cheap mountain bikes are relative, as it depends on what exactly you desire in a bike.
What are the best mountain bikes for the money?
If it’s budget-friendly mountain bike you desire, then this list contains the best mountain bikes for your money. Regardless of if you are searching for a mountain bike that offers strength, speed, or comfort, this list will prove valuable to you.
How much do good mountain bikes cost?
Overall, a good mountain bike can cost between $3,000- $4,000. Essentially, a budget-friendly mountain bike can cost below $100. However, a high-end option can be priced at over $11,000. Trying to ascertain the price of good mountain bikes can be a bit difficult, especially considering the fact that there are multiple brands out there. However, there is a way of narrowing it down.
The price of mountain bikes is highly dependent on the quality and types of parts used in the manufacture of each bike. For instance, the frame of a bike can be made with either steel, carbon, titanium, or aluminum. With steel being the least expensive and carbon being the most pricey, a bike with a steel frame will ultimately be less expensive than one with carbon. This goes for all the parts and ultimately affects the final price of the bike.
Are cheap mountain bikes any good?
A huge misconception made by a lot of people is the idea that the best versions for everything absolutely has to be expensive. However, this isn’t the case a lot of times, especially for mountain bikes. Basically, there are a few things you need to put into consideration before you can tell if a mountain bike is good.
Some of them are;
- The best size
- Suspension quality
- Comfortable saddles
- Futureproof essentials; headset, bottom bracket, etc.
Essentially, once you can get these amazing qualities in a mountain bike, regardless of the price, then you’re good to go.
Picking The Best Mountain Bike Under 100 Dollars
At $100, these mountain bikes are the best quality you can get. It would be impossible to get the highest quality for that price so do not try to compare these bikes with models of significantly higher prices (which should generally have better quality).
So we’re ending with a piece of advice: if you are going for any of these or mountain bikes in general that are under $500, the best option is always the Hardtail suspension bikes or Rigid mountain bikes.
You can get great deals, notwithstanding, on full suspension Bikes but they usually come with difficulty in weight (never forget to always check the weight dimension) and other factors.
Hardtail suspension bikes or Rigid bikes are better suited when you are looking for a cheap option as they do not come with a full suspension system that demands quality components to work with. Finally, size matters a lot. Getting a mountain bike that is perfectly suited for your frame will only make for a more comfortable experience.
Well, that’s a wrap. Let’s get biking.
If You Loved This One Be Sure To Check These Link Below
Last update on 2021-03-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API